Let me guess: you’ve been sharing Other People’s Content (OPC) on your social media. They can be articles from Forbes, Entrepreneur.com, or Huffington Post.
Now, that’s a kind gesture, because you’re driving traffic to those great contents. Plus, it will also establish your personal/professional brand as someone who’s generous, growth-centric and knowledgable.
But what if I tell you there’s a way you can divert some of the traffic back to your site?
In essence, what Poplink does it this: it creates a special link for you to share, and when your connections and prospects click on it, they will still go to the same article. The only difference? There will be a little pop-up from the side, where you can put in a nice Call-To-Action (CTA), linking them to your site.
Wanna see it in action? Click here and wait for 30 seconds. 🙂
Here’s how you can get yours done too, in a step-by-step manner.
Oh yeah, for this example, I’ll be using an article about Tony Robbins, and when you click on the button, it will bring you to the event sign up page. I’m not an affiliate, but just a huge fan. If you haven’t seen him in real life, my suggestion is to check out at least once.
Step 1: Go to www.Poplink.io and request for an account.
Step 2: Under the Promotions tab, click on New Promotion +.
Step 3: There are three option.
- Convert website traffic is the default option, where you can put a headline and some texts.
- Grow your mailing list allows you to link with Mailchimp and collect email addresses. It’s good if you want to use the 3rd party articles (OPCs) to build your own email list.
- Display an image ad, well, let’s you insert a picture instead of putting text. Useful if you want to use visuals to attract attention. Text can be, well, texty.
For now, select Convert website traffic.
Step 4: There are a few things to fill/insert here.
- Brand or product image – you can insert your picture, your logo, or frankly, anything that can remind your prospects about you.
- Welcome Message – It’s basically the headline of your pop-up. Put in something punchy to capture people’s attention.
- Main Message – Here’s where you can put more text to convince readers to click on the button.
- Button Text – Decide what you want displayed on your button. Use action or benefit-related words like Now, Today, Click here etc.
- Button Destination – Here’s where you enter the URL of your site, registration page, blogpost, LinkedIn Profile… seriously anything!
Step 5: Here’s where you can customise your pop-up (a bit).
Play around with the colors and placement of the pop-up.
The critical setting here is the Timing. The trick is to allow the readers to delve into the article before you let your pop-up slide in. A good number is 25 seconds.
Step 6: Success! You got your special link!
You would want to copy the link generated by Poplink.
Step 7: Paste the original article’s link, and click CREATE POPLINK.
Step 8: At this pop-up dialog box, just select the promotion you just created in the steps above, and click SAVE.
That’s it! Remember the special link you created in Step 6? Just use that to share on your social media platforms, and watch the Analytics (i.e. how many views vs clicks.) You can tweak different headlines and messages to see which works best.
Leave a comment and let me know if it works for you.